The woman comes with the ability to bring new life into the world. But there is always risk associated that something can occur wrong. The worst situation can be a miscarriage, i.e., is the loss of a fetus before the 20th week of pregnancy. A miscarriage is the loss of a pregnancy before 20 weeks. Women Miscarriage thing but going through this pain is challenging.
It is analyzed that more than 80% of miscarriage occurs in the first trimester, and it will emotionally shatter the expecting parents. As per the NGO report, 10 to 15% of all known pregnancies end in miscarriage.
The meaning of miscarriage is used to describe the process when it occurs during the first 20th week of pregnancy:
- Miscarriage occurs in the first trimester (week 1 to 12) is known as an early miscarriage.
- Miscarriage occurs in the second trimester (13 to 20) is known as a late miscarriage.
- However, the loss of a fetus after the 20th week is known as a stillbirth.
Common Causes of Miscarriage
- Abnormality in Fetus: All male and female gametes are not expected, and also conceiving from these abnormal gametes is also not normal. When this miscarried fetus was scientifically studied, it found that the fetus is genetically grossly abnormal. So it’s Mother Nature’s way to discard and can’t conceive these pregnancies from growing further.
- Thyroid: If it is high or low, the thyroid also leads to a problem in conceiving a baby or infertility, and recurrent miscarriages. The study shows that where a woman’s thyroid function is low, her body will try to compensate by developing hormones that suppress ovulation. Still, conversely, a thyroid produces many hormones that can interfere with estrogen ability and make the situation unfavorable for the uterus to implant or abnormal uterine bleeding.
- Food: On pregnancy days, fruits and other habits will be closely monitored. The pregnant woman should avoid pineapples, eggs, papaya, aloe Vera, sesame seed, drumstick tree, soft drink, and many more that cause bleeding, cervix dilation, uterine contractions, and many others that occurs from miscarriage or abortion.
- Intentional Abortions: If a woman previously has intentional abortions, there are chances that they are at higher risk of miscarriage in the future. The intended miscarriage results in the cervix becoming incompetent, irritable, and sensitive. The female body cannot maintain the proper hormones required to support a healthy pregnancy.
- Medical Disorder: In early pregnancy, the miscarriage occurs due to imbalance in diabetes, thyroid, and high fever. Therefore before planning for pregnancy, it is advisable to check your health status. Obesity is also another cause of miscarriage, and it occurs when BMI is high.
- Consumption of Illegal Drugs: The consumption of illegal drugs while pregnant puts the mother at risk of miscarriage. The illicit and other medications cannot cross into fetal blood circulation occurs miscarriage. Therefore, pregnant women always use prescribed medicines by doctors, and doctors should be aware that a woman is pregnant.
- Anti – Phospholipid Syndrome: Anti – Phospholipid Syndrome also causes an enhancement in the anti-phospholipid antibodies that can lead to blood clots and obstruct with implantation and growth of developing embryos. Until it was screened, many women even do not know about the syndrome. If any woman is suffering from the syndrome, blood thinner can increase the probability of a healthy baby.
- Vesicular Mole: It is a rare kind of problem that occurs in pregnancy. In this complication, the fetus does not get adequately formed. Usually, the woman who has a vesicular mole comes to the doctor with on and off bleeding. Through the sonography process, the diagnosis is possible. The insufficient pregnancy tissue is removed through a surgical procedure by a doctor.
Miscarriage is a common thing but going through this pain is challenging. Physical loss is one time, but the emotional loss can be traumatic. If you are facing complications of miscarriage, then reach out to the best IVF Expert Doctor, which treats IVF, IUI, ICSI, and Miscarriage treatment. DVMFC IVF Center is known for being the most successful and trusted IVF Treatment Center in Patna.